As the state of Hawaii begins to form a plan to reopen we see there is light at the end of the tunnel. With the safety of our guests and staff being our top priority we will be following the latest CDC recommendations for social distancing as we resume operations.
We look forward to seeing you and getting back to the business of serving our guests and providing the exceptional service you have come to expect from us.
Below are updated policies and resources, please check back often as we will be updating this page regularly as new information becomes available.
STATE OF HAWAII TRAVEL POLICIES & REQUIREMENTS
NEW COVID19 MAKANI SANDS RENTAL AGREEMENT
(must be agreed to when placing reservations)
UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICY
Below are revisions to our cancellation policy:
- We previously allowed guests to cancel 60 days prior to arrival for a refund minus $50 for processing. Now a guest has up to 30 days prior due to rapidly changing events.
UPDATED CLEANING POLICY
We strive to maintain a level of quality reassuring our guests that cleanliness and safety are our top priority. Our team has developed new practices of cleaning and sanitization, as recommended by the CDC, to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We are committed to doing our part to keep our guests, owners, and staff safe.
The following are the additional implemented cleaning practices:
- Hand sanitizers w/ 70% alcohol will be in every unit
- Sanitizing/ Disinfecting cleaning products will be available for guests use
- All units will be thoroughly inspected to make sure cleaning exceeds expectation.
- A Housekeeping log will be implemented for all cleanings .The log will include unit, date, and check in/out times for all personnel entering and departing the units.
- All our housekeepers and supervisors will wear protective masks and gloves for all units; and disposed of after each cleaning.
- Housekeeping will be diligent to clean and sanitize each unit using EPA hospital-grade disinfectant sprays and cleaning agents.
- A thorough cleaning of entire unit which will include extra emphasis on door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, countertops, drawer and cabinet handles, refrigerator handles and faces, faucets, sinks and floors.
- All dishware including plates, bowls, glassware, coffee cups and silverware will be washed in the highest temperature settings.
- All soft surfaces, including couches, occasional chairs, and mattresses will be sprayed with a disinfectant, to assure cleanliness and safety.
- Sanitization of all linen and bedding will include the following:
- All linens and towels will be removed with caution, placed in disposable bags, and individually marked per unit
- No dirty laundry will be mixed together.
- All laundry will be washed with the highest heat temperature and additional drying time will be added, to ensure proper sanitization.
HAWAII COVID19 RESOURCES
Below are links to resources in Hawaii that are directly related to Covid19: